If you are designing a new bathroom or just remodeling the old one, you need to choose the best shower pan or base. You must know that it might lead to severe consequences if you made the wrong choice.
Your bathroom floor may start leaking, or you may slip while bathing.
To avoid these consequences and choose the best shower pan, you need to take various things. Keep reading to know all the essential factors you need to keep in mind.
Why is a Shower Pan Necessary?
- Protection of the floor – Your bathroom floor may not be leakproof like the shower pan. This may lead to damage to the floor. Hence, a shower pan is necessary.
- Surface for tiles – One of the best uses of a shower pan is to put tiles on it.
- Prevents slippage – Slippery bathroom floor may lead to serious consequences like slipping and hurting yourself. To prevent this, the use of a shower pan is necessary.
What are the Various Materials Used in the Best Shower Pan?
A good shower pan’s choice depends highly on the material used for making it. Hence, you must know the type of material used in the shower pan before buying. Take a look at the list below for various shower pans’ materials.
- Fiberglass – Fiberglass is a much cheaper alternative than other materials for a shower pan. Moreover, it is likely to get damaged sooner and may require frequent repairs. It is made by mixing polyester resin with woven glass fibers.
- Composite – Composites are engineered materials made by combining two or more elements. They are strong, lightweight, and stable. This is why they are easy to install and can last for decades. On the negative side, composites are expensive.
- Acrylic – Acrylic shower pans are made by heating the sheet of acrylic and later molding it into a pan’s shape. Acrylic is durable, easy to maintain, and requires fewer repairs. Though repairs can be costly.
What to Look for in the Best Shower Pan?
Here we will look into some of the primary features that should be in the shower pan you choose. Let’s start!
- Slip-resistant design – One of the crucial things you need to consider in a shower pan is slip-resistant. A good shower base always has a slip-resistant surface that ensures safety while bathing.
- Curb and splash walls – You don’t need to make your whole bathroom wet, do you? Hence, it is necessary to look for a shower pan with high splash walls and a curb.
- Leakproof – The primary reason you are buying a new shower pan is leakproof design. Make sure that the surface of the shower pan is leakproof. This will protect your concrete bathroom floor from damage.
- Drainage – You also need to make sure that the shower pan’s design has an effective drainage outlet that can be connected with a drainage pipe.
Reviews: Best Shower Pans
To make it easy for you to choose a shower pan, we have compiled a list of some best shower pans. Check them out!
We would also like to inform you that we may receive a part of the sales profit when you purchase through the product links mentioned below.
- The single threshold shower base from Dreamline is designed for a 3 wall alcove shower.
- This product is also available in other colors like biscuit and black apart from white.
- It has a slip-resistant SlipGrip floor surface that ensures safety while bathing.
- In addition to this, the surface is made of premium high gloss non-porous acrylic. It allows for easy maintenance and lasting beauty.
- The fiberglass reinforcement and the structural support foundation provide stability and sturdiness to the shower base.
- The base has a center drain concerning its width.
- The ingeniously designed PROFLO shower pan has a slip-resistant surface for a safe bathing experience.
- It has a single curb with raised splash walls to prevent water from spilling outside the pan’s boundary.
- The base is designed in a way that is easy to install.
- It’s spacious 34 by 34 Inch surface provides enough area for you to turn around while bathing.
- In addition to this, this shower base can also be used for a custom shower project.
- The shower base’s water drain is in the center of the structure.
- The shower base from Tile Redi has an excellet blend of both design and function.
- It has an innovative design that requires no preparation for installing tiles on it. Hence, you can model the pan according to your bathroom.
- The shower base’s waterproof and leakproof design offers you peace of mind for a long time.
- The shower pan prevents the surrounding surface from getting wet with its curb and splash walls.
- In addition to all this, the shower pan has a rectangular design featuring a two-inch PVC drain.
- The unique thing about this PROFLO shower base is that it can be installed in the corner of your bathroom.
- The spacious dimensions provide you enough surface to comfortably move around the shower pan while bathing.
- Moreover, its slip-resistant surface also ensures safety.
- The drain of this excellent shower pan is in the exact middle of the design.
- Unlike other shower pans, this pan is best for custom shower projects. It is also fit for a shower enclosure.
- The shower pan from PROFLO also includes a white filter.
- The state of the art shower base from KBRS has all that you need for a comfortable shower.
- First of all, it features a single threshold and raised edges to prevent water from spilling outside of it.
- Tiles can customize the material used in making the shower base.
- The shower pan’s anti-slip base offers the user a safe bathing experience.
- Moreover, it has a left side drain that helps in water drainage. It is available in two different color variants.
- It also includes a white grid strainer made of acrylic.
- Mustee 3232M is one of the best choice to consider while buying a shower pan for your bathroom.
- The shower pan has a sturdy 1-piece fiberglass construction with a high weight-bearing capacity.
- Moreover, it is ideal to use Mustee’s Durawall shower walls, ceramic tile, or preformed wall kit.
- It has a slip-resistant starburst surface that maintains traction with your feet while bathing.
- The pan also has an integrated drain with a seal for connection with pipes, which drains water quickly.
- Get this single constituted DreamLine SlimLine shower pan that has a 3-wall design.
- It has a left side drain location for a comfortable fit.
- The shower pan has a glossy white look that appears classy and functional.
- It is made of non-porous acrylic material that is long-lasting.
- The pan can be installed quickly and prevent any flexing in the shower.
- Get the ICON shower pan that has a combination design to fit alongside a toilet.
- It allows the installation of a holding tank under the toilet.
- The shower pan is made of durable ABS material sturdy and stain-resistant.
- It has a molded-in drain that can be drilled during the installation.
- The polar white color of the pan gives it an exquisite look.
- Moreover, the pan has a universal fit and ideal for most showers.
- Get this Lippert shower pan that is white in color.
- It is made of a sturdy ABS design that is coated with fiberglass.
- This shower pan does not need to be painted or tiled.
- The shower pan has a chip-resistant material for secure use.
- Moreover, it is light in weight due to the use of fiberglass.
- Consider getting this Woodbridge shower pan that has in-built trenches.
- It comes with a removable shower trench drain made of stainless steel.
- This reliable and durable material makes the shower pan easy to clean and mold-resistant.
- It comes with a standard PVC drain pipe that complements the white shower pan.
- The pan’s bottom is slip-resistant to ensure a safe and secure shower.
Index Table: Top-Rated Shower Pans
|1||DreamLine White - Slimline Shower Base||DreamLine||97.2|
|2||PROFLO Single Curb - Rectangular Shower Pan||PROFLO||96|
|3||Tile Redi PVC Base - Black Shower Pan||Tile Redi||95|
|4||PROFLO Neo Angle Corner - Shower Pan||PROFLO||97|
|5||KBRS Columbia - Left Shower Base||KBRS||98|
|6||Mustee Durabase - Fiberglass Shower Base||Mustee||95|
|7||DreamLine SlimLine - Single Shower Pan||DreamLine||97|
|8||ICON Polar White - Combo Shower Pan||ICON||98|
|9||Lippert Right Hand - White Shower Pan||Lippert||95|
|10||Woodbridge Steel - Trench Shower Pan||Woodbridge||95|
Table of Contents
- Why is a Shower Pan Necessary?
- What are the Various Materials Used in the Best Shower Pan?
- What to Look for in the Best Shower Pan?
- Reviews: Best Shower Pans
- DreamLine® White Slimline Shower Base
- PROFLO® Single Curb Rectangular Shower Pan
- Tile Redi® PVC Base Black Shower Pan
- PROFLO® Neo Angle Corner Shower Pan
- KBRS® Columbia Left Shower Base
- Mustee® Durabase Fiberglass Shower Base
- DreamLine® SlimLine Single Shower Pan
- ICON® Polar White Combo Shower Pan
- Lippert® Right Hand White Shower Pan
- Woodbridge® Steel Trench Shower Pan
- Index Table: Top-Rated Shower Pans