A bathroom is a place where one can unwind and relieve stress under a hot shower. However, if you have a separate area made especially for a wonderful bathing experience, here are some cool walk-in shower design ideas.
A beautiful walk-in shower will help you forget all the worries once you step into it. Read along to know the different ideas to change the look of your walk-in shower.
Replace wall tiles with marble
How about keeping the tiles away for a while and introducing marble to your walk-in shower? Marbles will surely be one of the best walk-in shower design ideas thanks to its lustrous and grandiose outlook.
- Marbles are available in a variety of designs and colors.
- Try going for a floor to ceiling size marble slabs for extra elegance, though it might be on the expensive side.
- Besides, the clear glass door will excellently complement your marbled walk-in shower.
- Since marble can be cleaned easily, you won’t have to worry about grime or mold that much.
- Another reason marble is a great idea to add inside the walk-in shower is that it will make your space look very grand.
Try the rustic exposed wall style
Another unique walk-in design idea is removing the concept of wall tiles all-together. You can let the bricks show in this amazing brick wall shower design idea – just paint the bricks, and you are ready to go!
- A walk-in shower that has a brick wall is truly a unique idea.
- However, if you do not like this concept, you can put similar-looking tiles around the walls.
- This design idea will make your personal shower space look chicer.
- Similarly, you can select the same kind of floor tiles that have a cube-like design on them.
Add a bit of greenery (natural or artificial)
Adding indoor plants to any room makes it lively and gives it a unique look. It goes for baths and walk-in showers as well. Therefore, if you are a nature lover, this idea is for you.
- Plants add color to the indoor spaces. Besides, they also provide clean and fresh air.
- Keeping a couple of plants inside your shower will prove to be very therapeutic.
- However, if taking care of an indoor plant is not your thing, you can add artificial vines.
- To make your walk-in shower look more green, you can also place a green shower mat inside.
Vogue-inspired walk-in shower
Give your walk-in shower a touch of modernity with this walk-in shower design. It features a dark brown tiled wall along with textured floor walls.
- This large walk-in shower is all things exquisite.
- It comprises two different-sized shower niches that can accommodate your toiletries with ease.
- In addition to that, there are two showers here; both have different-sized showerheads.
- Add a few potted plants to bring more life to your shower.
- Apart from that, make sure you clean your walk-in shower from time to time to prevent mold.
Add strategic lighting
If your walk-in shower is compact and there is no scope for natural light, here is a perfect walk-in shower design idea.
- The sides of your walk-in shower wall can easily be used to bring light into the tiny space.
- You can add sidelights, which will light up your walk-in shower beautifully.
- It will give you the privacy you want without taking much toll when it comes to construction.
- Moreover, the light you choose can comprise different shades and colors, which will add more drama to your shower.
- You can also add a toiletry stand right at the corner, which won’t take much space.
Frameless sliding glass doors
This is one of the top walk-in shower design ideas. It features a beautiful light blue hue, which will make you feel like you are in a pool and is great for all the water babies out there.
- This walk-in shower design idea is extremely great for small and compact spaces.
- It will make your walk-in shower look spacious since the glass reflects light.
- You can add a handheld shower or a large wall-mounted shower.
- In addition to that, you can also add shower niches to keep all your essential products together in one place.
- Just clean the tiles now and then since the grime and mold can leave it looking very dirty.
Go bold with colors
For those who think walk-in showers are meant to be light-colored, this idea is certainly not for you. Here is featuring some really dark-colored tiles inside a walk-in shower.
- You can design your walk-in shower with bold colored tiles, including black, golden, and mint.
- These trendy colors are super-duper these days and add a beautiful vibe to the bathroom.
- However, this walk-in shower design idea is not so good for small and compact spaces.
- Add other accessories to the walk-in shower in contrast to the color of the tile.
A touch of sophistication
The idea of a walk-in shower is to make your space look tidy and sophisticated. Here is how you can give a rustic touch to your walk-in shower.
- Make sure the tiles on the walk-in shower walls are darker than the rest of the bathroom.
- The rest of your bathroom space can feature a light color that will bring sophistication inside your bathing space.
- Along with that, you can add a pop of life to your bathroom with small indoor plants that can be placed near the basin.
The minimalist walk-in shower
Minimalism is in these days, and here how you can decorate your bathroom with a minimalist touch.
- This walk-in shower design idea features white and yellow tiles, which give it a neat and modern vibe.
- The walk-in shower is divided from the rest of the bathroom with a glass wall.
- Besides, the rest of the bathroom accessories have a similar tone, which makes it look spacious.
- However, it would be best if you made sure to pop a tinge of any dark color into the bathroom and make it look more aesthetic.
Replace glass doors with classic wooden doors
To add more drama to your walk-in shower, here’s a superb idea. Separate your bathroom and your walk-in shower with a large door.
- This idea will give your bathroom more of a vintage vibe, like the good old days.
- The partition that separates the walk-in shower from the rest of the bathroom shall feature wooden panels.
- It gives it a more refined and bold look, which looks great.
- The rest of the decor of the bathroom must feature the same color as that of the partition.
Table of Contents
- Replace wall tiles with marble
- Try the rustic exposed wall style
- Add a bit of greenery (natural or artificial)
- Vogue-inspired walk-in shower
- Add strategic lighting
- Frameless sliding glass doors
- Go bold with colors
- A touch of sophistication
- The minimalist walk-in shower
- Replace glass doors with classic wooden doors