One of the more controversial interior design and decorative trends today is the bathroom or a shower rug.
On the one hand, it can be a necessity if you enjoy a nice fluffy pile under your feet when you get out of the tub or shower, and on the other hand, it brings fun and decorative design elements to the table.
Pros and Cons of a Shower Rug
Whether to get a Shower mat that is plain and functional or a fun and decorative bathroom rug is up to you, here are a few quick pros and cons of the bathroom RUG though;
- It promotes interest and has a plush and luxurious appeal.
- It is comfortable to stand on after a shower or bath.
- It aids in absorbing water from your feet and provides an anti-slip area to stand on when you are wet.
- There are many colors and designs, as well as size options to choose from.
- Different materials such as plush, shaggy, and memory foam can create comfort and a decorative appeal.
- You can likewise get wood or bamboo rugs, which are also a trend.
- It is an affordable decoration that you can chop and change.
- A right shower rug will easily keep your floors dry by absorbing excess water.
- Shower Rugs are easily machine washable and quick drying.
- They are not very hygienic and need to be washed regularly.
- Many rugs are not designed for the bathroom or shower and may become damaged in time.
- You can mold and mildew growing on your shower mat, particularly low-quality brands that are not designed for a wet environment.
- If your shower rug does not have a non-slip bottom design, it may be a slip and fall risk.
Shower Rug VS Shower Mat
- Shower Rug – A shower or bathroom rug serves multiple purposes, as it is decorative and functional, and can be coordinated with your towels and other bathroom accessories. The Shower rug helps to absorb water when you get out of the shower, keeps you from slipping, floors dry, and keeps your feet warm and comfortable while you dry yourself off. Bath rugs come in many colors and designs, as well as absorbent materials and comfort materials to choose from.
- Shower Mat – A bath or shower mat, however, is just a visual extension of your towels and used outside the shower to absorb water after taking a shower or bath. It protects you from slipping and keeping your floors dry, with no actual decorative or visual function.
Features of a Good Shower Rug
- Memory foam cushioning.
- Plush or shaggy surface.
- Bamboo or solid wood.
- Slip-resistant or rubber bottom to keep it in place.
- Durable construction.
- Absorbent materials that will not mold or damage.
- Available in many colors and patterns, as well as size varieties.
- PVC or glue can be used at the bottom for slip resistance.
- Machine washable and quick-drying design.
- Make sure it is designed for a bathroom area and can withstand the humidity and moist environment.
- It provides gentle cushioning under your feet and protects them from the cold floors.
Reviews: The Best Shower Rugs
Here are some of the best Shower Rugs for use Outside your Shower. Also, we would like to inform you we shall earn a small commission with every purchase made through the links in the article.;
The Genteele Memory foam bath and shower rug are one of the more luxurious bathroom rugs that you will find.
- There is a large variety of color and size options available in this rug.
- Comfortable and luxurious with Memory foam cushioning,, and a velvety microfiber top.
- PVC dots at the bottom prevents slipping, and the absorbent material s keeps your floors dry.
- Multi-purpose versatility for practical and decorative use in any space in your home.
The Gorilla Grip Chenille rug offers you superb slip resistance and extra soft comfort under your feet.
- An Ultra Plush Shag chenille fabric top, that is denser and much more absorbent.
- TP rubber backing prevents the rug from slipping.
- It is designed for an easy to wash and for a very quick-drying.
- Available in many colors, patterns, and size options to choose from.
Looking for something on the budget size, the AmazonBasics is a popular seller with a comfortable microfiber shag top and non-slip backing.
- Soft and thick shag top from durable and absorbent microfiber.
- Non-Slip backing for added safety.
- Available in neutral and pastel color options ideal for the bathroom and shower area.
- Quick-drying, soft, and super absorbent.
Something a bit more high end and for the larger bathroom and shower area is the green lemon design sower rug from INTERESTPRINT.
- It is a shaggy round rug with a lemon design that is fresh and fun for the bathroom or any other room.
- Soft and absorbent underneath your feet, keeping your feet comfortable and your floors dry.
- Easy to clean and quick-drying, so you can keep it clean and hygienic at all times.
- Highly durable and of excellent quality, it will not deteriorate in the bathroom or shower environment.
Bare Décor brings you the shower rug in solid oak wood, something different and natural for the conservative individual.
- It has a durable and oiled, robust oak wood design.
- The wood is naturally Mildew and Mold resistant,, and slip-resistant.
- Gorgeous vibrant oak color that gives an appealing and natural decorative element in your bathroom.
- Easy roll-up design for storage.
- Wholly natural and chemical-free made from all-natural solid wood.
- Very easy to wipe clean and dries quickly.
The KMAT brand gives you their Bath Mat range, which are versatile bath mats and rugs that can be used by the shower or bath area.
- TPR non-slip backing for slip resistance on wet floors and surfaces.
- Easily machine washable and quick-drying, so you can keep it clean and hygienic.
- Highly absorbent keeping your floors and feet dry.
- A soft, comfortable, and supportive surface to stand on.
- It will protect your feet from cold floors and slippery surfaces.
- The rug has an elegant and classy design that brings a classy and decorative appeal to your shower area or bathroom.
- The shower rug from Cotton Paradise has a ring-spun fabric for added durability.
- It has a vat dyed cotton material that retains its color and vibrancy throughout the use.
- The rug is versatile to style and comes in a two-pack.
- It is lightweight and easy to wash in a washing machine.
- Additionally, the material is free from any toxic chemicals and colors.
- Consider getting this large Yimobra shower rug that has an ultra soft touch to it.
- It has a no-shed fabric that will stay the same even after prolonged use.
- The rug will keep your feet dry and warm in the cold months of the year.
- It is made of dense fabric that does not shrink over time or tear off.
- This plush chenille rug from H.VERSAILTEX comes in a two pack.
- It has a thick and comfortable fabric that is warm and soft to touch.
- The ivory color of the rug makes it versatile to use with any color scheme.
- Moreover, the fabric is mildew-resistant and slip-resistant for safe and secure use.
- The rug will maintain its color and fabric even after machine washes.
- Get this vibrant looking shower rug from MAYSHINE in turquoise shade.
- The color will perfectly go with the grey or white-colored decor of the bathroom.
- It has a quick-dry and absorbent material to keep your shower clean.
- The rug is safe to wash in a washing machine without damage to the fabric.
Index Table: Top Rated Shower Rugs
|1||Genteele Memory Foam - Non-Slip Shower Rug||Genteele||98.3|
|2||Gorilla Grip Luxury - Chenille Shower Rug||Gorilla Grip||98|
|3||AmazonBasics Microfiber - Affordable Non-Slip Shower Rug||AmazonBasics||97|
|4||INTERESTPRINT Green Lemon - High End Shower Rug||INTERESTPRINT||98|
|5||Bare Decor Oskar - Wooden Shower Rug||Bare Decor||97|
|6||KMAT Bath Mat - Non-Slip Shower Rug||KMAT||97|
|7||Cotton Paradise Ring-Spun - Shower Rug||Cotton Paradise||95|
|8||Yimobra Chenille - Large Shower Rug||Yimobra||96|
|9||H.VERSAILTEX Twin Set - Lux Shower Rug||H.VERSAILTEX||94|
|10||MAYSHINE Turquoise - Thick Shower Rug||MAYSHINE||97|
Table of Contents
- Pros and Cons of a Shower Rug
- Shower Rug VS Shower Mat
- Features of a Good Shower Rug
- Reviews: The Best Shower Rugs
- Genteele® Memory Foam Non-Slip Shower Rug
- Gorilla Grip® Luxury Chenille Shower Rug
- AmazonBasics® Microfiber Affordable Non-Slip Shower Rug
- INTERESTPRINT® Green Lemon High End Shower Rug
- Bare Decor® Oskar Wooden Shower Rug
- KMAT® Bath Mat Non-Slip Shower Rug
- Cotton Paradise® Ring-Spun Shower Rug
- Yimobra® Chenille Large Shower Rug
- H.VERSAILTEX® Twin Set Lux Shower Rug
- MAYSHINE® Turquoise Thick Shower Rug
- Index Table: Top Rated Shower Rugs