Using shower Oil as a substitute for a shower gel or shower cream is more nourishing and ideal for dry skin.
There are many good brands of shower oil for dry skin that you can choose from, both natural and synthetic, all of which will provide effective results and will be much less harsh on bare skin.
Best Shower Oil for Dry Skin
So as we have all read and heard, sulfates are the enemy of skin and hair care products, although this is highly debatable. There are many products with safe amounts of sulfates. I would agree that Suplpahets are a plausible culprit in causing dry skin. Sulfates and many other Sulfates are used to give your soap, shampoo, or shower gel the foamy cleansing texture that removes oils and dirt; this is necessary for effective cleaning but can also be drying to your skin and can cause irritation.
Many other factors, such as colorants and perfumes or alcohols in your skin products, may also cause dryness and sensitivity.
All in all, I would recommend a Shower Oil rather than a shower Gel, soap, or cream for dehydrated skin, though, to be clear, you should not use it on oily or acne-prone skin.
When it comes to Shower oils, you can opt for the natural route or synthetic products, both of which have advantages and disadvantages. Natural Shower oils may use coconut sulfates, caustic potash, or a castile soap base for the cleansing action and oils such as natural castor oil, olive, almond, sunflower, and avocado, jojoba, and many other essential oils types for fragrance.
A synthetic based Shower oil can consist of MIPA, a less harmful and lower surfactant count form of Laureth Sulfate for cleansing, or a coconut-based chemical form of cleansing, and include natural or synthetic oils, such as castor oil, petroleum oils, minerals oils, and other synthetically enhanced oils.
Buying Considerations for the Best Shower Oil for Dry Skin
Shower oils are much more beneficial to dry skin and offer less harmful surfactant properties and nourishing oil formulas. Here are a few ingredients to consider when choosing your shower oil, whether natural or synthetic based;
- Comogenic Natural – Comogenic Natural oils are weighty oils that create a protective layer on your skin. These are recommended for very dry and Eczema prone or Atopic skin types that cannot create their fat layer and moisture barriers. Cosmogenic oils tend to clog your pores, so I would not recommend them for problematic and oilier skin types.
- Sources – Your general Comgneic oils are Coconut, Avocado, Wheatgerm, and butter, such as Shea Butter and cocoa butter. Synthetic oils such as Petrolatum and mineral oils are also comedogenic oils that are not natural.
- Non-Comogenic Natural – Natural Non-Comogenic oils that are easily absorbed into the skin that do not create a protective barrier may include Jojoba, Olive, Sunflower, Almond, and Grapeseed oils. Some of these oils may, however, not be nourishing enough for dry skin.
- MIPA – MIPA is a surfactant with 50% oil components and 50% surfactants that is much more gentle on the skin and used in most synthetic oil-based cleansers and shower gels.
- Synthetic Oils – Synthetic oils mostly used in Shower oils are petroleum-based oils, mineral oils or synthetic Glycerine, and Castor Oil, of which glycerine is Non-Comedogenic. These oils moisturize and create a protective barrier on dry skin. Some Synthetic oil-based shower gels also contain many natural oils and extracts.
Features of a Good Shower Oil for Dry Skin
- Sulfate Free – MIPA or Laureth 4 as a surfactant. SLS, Sodium Laureth, or Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Free. Paraben-Free.
- Contains Oils and Moisturizers – It contains natural oils such as Jojoba, Olive, Wheatgerm, Coconut, Almond, Hemp, or Sunflower. The gel also has butters such as Cocoa Butter or Shea butter. Additionally, the formulation has minerals, oils, glycerine, castor oil, petroleum oils.
- Fragrances – Natural Fragrances from essential oils such as lavender, orange, geranium, and lemonGrass. Cleanses and smoothes the skin and leaves a natural and subtle scent.
- Packaging – It comes in an easy-to-use pump or pouring a bottle for use in the shower.
Reviews: The Best Shower Oil for Dry Skin
Here are some products to help you pick one. Also, we would like to inform you we shall earn a small commission with every purchase made through the links in the article.
- The product is a blend of almond oil and almond butter to give soothing moisture to your skin.
- It contains micro-lipids that create a barrier on the skin to stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Your skin will feel refreshed and moisturized after the wash with a gentle cleansing effect.
- Almond oil has an anti-aging effect on the skin in the long run.
- You will observe an improvement in your skin texture and appearance.
- The body oil contains powerful nourishing actives that deeply nourish and stimulate the body and mind.
- Made with Sea Buckthorn, Sea Fennel, and Juniper; the perfect ingredients to help you feel rejuvenated.
- The fragrance of key elements juniper and lemon refreshes and uplifts your soul.
- Combined with massage, the body-balancing oil fights away the toxins caused by stress and poor diet.
- You can apply it every day after your shower.
It is a high-end luxury Natural Shower oil for gentle and exciting skincare.
- Contains natural Argan Oil and essential Lavender oil.
- Soothing, moisturizing, and refreshing with a natural scent.
- Decadent rejuvenation and a luxury feeling.
- It comes in an easy-to-use pump bottle.
The shower oil is a fresh and invigorating oceanic fragranced bath experience for men and women.
- Revitalizing and moisturizing with a fresh scent.
- Cleanses the skin gently while nourishing and soothing it.
- It contains revitalizing and hydrating ingredients for your skin.
- It leaves your skin feeling fresh, smelling great, and feeling moisturized.
- The almond supple skin oil is a light and fine body oil which provides fine results dealing with skin slackening.
- It’s rich in almond oil from Provence which nourishes your skin and leaves a subtle scent of almond and vanilla.
- The oil helps smoothening and beautifying from normal to dry skin.
- Apply it on the whole body with upward circular motions massaging it into the body.
- With regular use, the oil will effectively smooth and beautify your skin.
- This shower oil wash is perfect for people with eczema and psoriasis with its gentle cleansing effect.
- Moreover, it has a 24 hours hydration claim to keep your skin moisturized.
- The product also claims to be paraben-free. So, you can use it without worrying about toxins.
- It is hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic so that your skin is non-irritating and doesn’t clog.
- Regular use of shower oil will improve your skin elasticity.
- Additionally, it gives a skin barrier therapy with the vitamin PP present in the formulation.
One of the top-rated high-end and most luxurious shower body oils that you will find is the jo Malone range, which comes in a variety of natural scents and infusions. I have chosen the London Blackberry, which is ideal for both men and women.
- A softening luxury shower oil.
- It has Sunflower seed oils, jojoba oil, and blackberry scented infusions from blackberry juice.
- Vibrant and verdant with a luxurious fresh scent.
- Leave your body soft and smooth with a caressing scent.
- The shower cream has an infusion of coconut oil in it for dry and ashy skin restoration.
- It has a sulfate-free formula with vanilla bean extract to give you a soothing bath time.
- You can achieve soft, hydrated skin with this naturally blended cream wash.
- The wash won’t strip your skin of natural oils for maximum hydration on your skin.
- Eliminate the dry and itchy conditions in your skin after each consecutive use.
- The multi-purpose dry oil nourishes, repairs, and softens the face, body, and hair with precious botanical oils.
- Boasts anti-oxidants that actively reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
- It’s silicon-free and enhanced with highly nourishing Tsubaki oil.
- 98.7% of the product’s ingredients are of natural origin, offering a truly genuine experience.
- With a single step give your skin a soft and silky finish and your hair an amazing shine.
Index Table: Top Rated Shower Oils for Dry Skin
|1||L'Occitane Hydrolipid - Shower Oil wash for Dry Skin||L'Occitane||99.2|
|2||ELEMIS Cellutox - Scented Body Oil||ELEMIS||98|
|4||Beauty and Planet Love and Beauty - Natural Shower Oil for Dry Skin||Beauty and Planet||97|
|3||Blu Mediterraneo Italian Resort - Revitalizing Shower Oil for Dry Skin||Blu Mediterraneo||97|
|5||L'Occitane Almond - Best Shower Oil for Dry Skin||L'Occitane||97|
|6||Bioderma Atoderm - Shower Oil wash for Atopic Skin||Bioderma||96|
|7||Jo Malone London Blackberry - high End Luxury Shower Oil for Dry Skin||Jo Malone||98.4|
|8||OGX Miracle Oil - Shower Cream for Dry Skin||OGX||98|
|9||NUXE Huile Prodigieuse - Best Shower Oil for Dry Skin||NUXE||98|
Table of Contents
- Best Shower Oil for Dry Skin
- Buying Considerations for the Best Shower Oil for Dry Skin
- Features of a Good Shower Oil for Dry Skin
- Reviews: The Best Shower Oil for Dry Skin
- L'Occitane® Hydrolipid Shower Oil wash for Dry Skin
- ELEMIS® Cellutox Scented Body Oil
- Beauty and Planet® Love and Beauty Natural Shower Oil for Dry Skin
- Blu Mediterraneo® Italian Resort Revitalizing Shower Oil for Dry Skin
- L'Occitane® Almond Best Shower Oil for Dry Skin
- Bioderma® Atoderm Shower Oil wash for Atopic Skin
- Jo Malone® London Blackberry high End Luxury Shower Oil for Dry Skin
- OGX® Miracle Oil Shower Cream for Dry Skin
- NUXE ® Huile Prodigieuse Best Shower Oil for Dry Skin
- Index Table: Top Rated Shower Oils for Dry Skin