One tends to be less stable on your feet and slip easily, particularly on wet surfaces and floors when getting older.
Sturdy and non slip shower mats for the elderly inside the shower can help prevent slips as well as provide comfort underneath the feet.
The same goes for a shower mat outside of the shower that provides a soft, absorbent, and cushioned surface to stand on while you dry yourself off and get dressed.
Why and Inside and Outside Shower Mat is Important
When we get older, our balance seems less effective, and our bodies much more fragile; therefore, a slipping accident can happen much easier and cause much damage and painful injuries.
A good slip-resistant Mat inside and outside the shower can be your defense against an injury;
- Inside Shower Mat – The shower Mat on the inside of your shower is mainly there to prevent you from slipping and falling inside your shower. The Inside shower mat attaches to the surface of your shower floor where you stand and provides a slip-resistant platform that drains water for you to stand on. Some inside shower mat has textured surfaces that massage your feet while you shower and provide even better grip and stability. As the shoer floor can become slippery from soap scum and oils from your skin, the slipping risk increases greatly; therefore, a shower mat can be your first line in injury protection.
- Outside Shower Mat – Most of us have a tiled floor in our bathroom, and most of us have a mat outside our shower or bath for when we climb out. Tiled floors can be very slippery and the wrong mat even more so, particularly for individuals that are less stable on their feet. Besides, these tiled floors can be tough and uncomfortable to stand on, interrupting balance and stability. A thick and absorbency shower mat outside your shower can make a huge difference. The high grip non-slip bottom keeps the mat in place, so it will not slip around underneath your feet. The plush and cushioned middle and top absorbent layers dry quickly, keeps your feet and floor dry, and are soft and comfortable underneath your feet.
What to Look For in Shower Mats for Elderly
For a shower mat inside your shower, look for something that has solid suction cups firstly, then either a hole in the middle or all over the mat to drain water.
The surface of your in-shower mat is your personal preference; make sure that the textures are comfortable and sturdy enough for you. Materials to look for in shower mats are silicone and rubber; these offer the best grip and durability.
There are a bit more options for the mat outside the shower, from plush and shaggy chenille to soft memory foam, toweling, cotton, and many other choices.
I would recommend something that offers a bit of underfoot cushioning and high absorbency. The most important is to look for a non-slip and high gripping bottom design in your mat that will stay in place.
Features of the Best Non Slip Shower Mats for the Elderly
- Suction – Strong suction cups on the inside mat.
- Materials – Rubber or silicone for the inside mat. Soft and plush chenille or absorbent material top in the outside mat. Comfortable foam or memory foam cushioning in the outside mat.
- A non-slip high gripping bottom design for your outside shower mat.
- Drainage – It has Drainage holes for water draining.
- Size – Large enough design to cover your whole standing area.
- Options – Color options an variations to suit your bathroom style and décor.
- Design – Durable and washable design.
Reviews: The Best Shower Mats for Elderly
Below are some of the top best safe and comfortable Shower Mats for the Elderly.
We want to inform you that we may receive a part of the sales profit when you purchase through the links mentioned below.
A sure favorite is the Gorilla grip Original Patented Bath and shower mat for use inside the shower with a completely Phthalate, latex, and BPA-free design and antibacterial properties.
- Patent Gorliila Grip Suction cups to keep the mat ideally in place on any clean and smooth surface.
- It has a larger size with small holes for water drainage.
- Completely antibacterial, and mildew-resistant BPA, latex, and Phthalate free materials, so no toxic smells and odors.
- Easily machine washable and quick drying.
- Durable and long-lasting materials.
- Available in an extensive range of color options to choose from.
The state-of-the-art design of the I FRMMY mat offers you excellent stability and a smooth bathing experience.
- They are uniquely designed with over 100 suction cups on the bottom to maintain grip with the surface.
- Moreover, the mat also has a textured wave design that maintains friction between your feet and mat.
- The mat’s design is filled with drain holes that don’t let the water stay on it for long.
- The plastic used for making the mat is completely healthy and does not smell over long usage.
The Giovani from Luxor Linens is a luxury memory foam cushioned, anti-slip backed shower mat, available in many color options.
- Safe anti-slip backing and lined with latex spray.
- The memory foam interior is soft and plush and will never bunch.
- These Non Slip Shower Mats for the Elderly are soft and smooth moisture-wicking top.
- Available in 11 colors to suit your home and bathroom décor.
The Vive inside shower mat has a non-slip stick bottom and a textured and massaging top layer, with ample drainage holes, making it ideal for use inside the shower by elderly persons.
- Firm non-slip suction cup bottom that will stay in place in your shower.
- A massaging and comfortable textured top, with a design for added stability and comfort.
- A large surface covers most of the shower surface area.
- Sleek design and drainage holes to prevent water build-up.
A plush and shaggy Chenile shower mat for use outside the shower with superb Gorilla grip bottom design for slip resistance from Gorilla grip.
- Available in many color variations to suit any home and bathroom décor exquisitely.
- Soft and plush shaggy chenille material uppers that are comfortable under your feet and highly absorbent.
- A Gorilla Grip patent non-slip bottom design that will stay securely in place.
- Machine washable and can be dried in the dryer.
- Very durable and ultra-absorbent with fun color to lighten up your bathroom area.
- Perfect for use outside the shower for elderly and unstable individuals.
A large and long-sized non-slip Mat from the Computer is ideal for use in the shower and bathtub to prevent slipping for unstable and elderly individuals needing a bit of extra grip.
- Superb Non-Slip and high gripping design, with 200 large suction cups that are more absorbent and will stay in place.
- The domed design with a pebble surface gives you a relaxing massage experience.
- These non slip shower mats for the elderly are an extra-large size.
- It has a machine washable and quick-drying design.
- There are a few color options that you can choose from, such as blue, pink, green, white, and others.
A lovely center drainable hole design from Tempelton for slip protection. For your shower, as well as an excellent mold and mildew resistance.
- Features a center drainage hole to drain water out.
- Non-Slipsuction bottom keeping the mat in place.
- Water-resistant and durable strong soft rubber construction.
- It Will not soak and is entirely mold and mildew resistant.
- Easy to clean and quick-drying as well as very durable.
A remarkable blend of all the essential features that include suction cups, drain holes, etc.
- The mat provides 65% more coverage as compared to other rugs.
- Drain holes in the mat help in draining water faster and prevents slippage.
- Moreover, the suction cups on the bottom of the mat help it maintain an excellent grip over the surface.
- The mat can be machine washed and comes in 4 color variants.
Huji designs the mat in a way that it looks like a carpet in your shower.
- Huji shower mat has many suction cups that maintain its traction with the floor.
- It dries itself faster with the help of draining water through its open-weave texture.
- Moreover, the bottom of the shower mat is designed not to slip while you bathe.
- The loofah design of the mat makes it ideal for kids and the elderly; you can buy it in a pack of 1, 2, and 3.
The precisely designed Vive shower mat has all that you need in a shower or bathtub mat.
- It has a textured surface that offers comfortable traction with the feet of the user.
- Features over 150 suction cups that maintain grip with the bathroom floor.
- It is easy to clean and comes in three different colors.
- The material of the mat is free from latex and toxic PVC.
Index Table: Top Rated Non Slip Shower Mats for the Elderly
Table of Contents
- Why and Inside and Outside Shower Mat is Important
- What to Look For in Shower Mats for Elderly
- Features of the Best Non Slip Shower Mats for the Elderly
- Reviews: The Best Shower Mats for Elderly
- Gorilla Grip® Original Non Slip Shower Mats for the Elderly
- I FRMMY® Drain Hole Non-Slip Shower Mats for the Elderly
- Luxor Linens® Memory Foam Non Slip Bath Mats for Elderly
- Vive® Textured Rubber Non Slip Shower Mats for Elderly
- Gorilla Grip® Chenille Best Non Slip Bath Mat for Elderly
- COMUSTER® Washable Shower Mats for Elderly
- Templeton® Center Cut Hole Non Slip Shower Mat for Elderly
- SlipX Solutions® Machine Washable Shower Mat for Elderly
- Huji® Drain Away Non Slip Shower Mats for the Elderly
- Vive® PVC Shower Mats for Elderly
- Index Table: Top Rated Non Slip Shower Mats for the Elderly