Have you ever wondered whether the newly invented steam mops are actually worth it and whether they truly work as well as advertised?
Well, this is quite a popular debate since there are so many mops to choose from, and they will clean your floors, but will they be suitable for your home?
Dyson is a well-known brand that makes some of the best equipment, such as mops and vacuum cleaners, that aims to make cleaning much more efficient, safer, and easier.
However, Dyson mops can be extremely expensive and hard to find, so we have set out to find alternatives for Dyson Steam mops that are just as effective but more easily accessible and cost-effective.
The Steam Mop
Firstly, let us look at steam cleaning, which has become the cleansing method of choice for many households and medical establishments because of its many benefits.
So here are a few benefits of using a Steam mop or cleaner in your home;
- Safe and Eco-Freindly – Strong Chemicals can be hazardous to your health, the health of your pets, and your family; they can cause damage to your home if used incorrectly, not to mention that chemical cleaning agents are not environmentally safe. Steam cleaning will give you much better results without using chemicals, and it is safe for humans, children, pets, plants, and the environment. Not to mention that you will save a lot on cleaning products every month.
- Removes Build-Up – Because of the extremely high temperatures, steam cleaners and mops will easily remove build-up and residue on your floors and other surfaces, which other cleaning methods may have failed to do far. Steam will sanitize your home and will leave your home looking like it is brand new.
- Kills germs and Viruses – Steam Cleaning can kill germs and viruses in the home without using harsh chemicals and bleaches. It eliminates nasty bacteria. Mold and mildew in your home effectively, even if you cannot seat it. Steam penetrates surface pores and removes dirt, debris, bacteria, and other smaller molecular elements.
- Reduces Allergens – General Steam Cleaning helps to reduce allergens in your home. The steam will effectively remove dust mites, pollen, and small airborne allergens to reduce allergies and keep your home safe.
- Eliminates Odors – Especially in homes with many pets, odors can become an issue. Did you know that steam cleaners and mops can ideally reduce odors? Steam Mops, eggs, and their larva, which is a bonus.a
Steam Mop VS Traditional Mop
So, to break it down, here are the benefits of the Steam Mop compared to that of the regular Mop;
- Steam Mop Pros – Well, the pros will far outweigh the Cons here, as we have mentioned. Steam mops are more effective at cleaning, kill bacteria and viruses, are safer, and require no harmful chemicals. Steam mops are environmentally friendly and can also rid your home of allergens.
- Steam Mop Cons – Steam mops are expensive initially. They are also usually heavier than traditional mops because they have a water tank and battery attached to them. They will need to be charged, and you get corded options requiring electricity.
- Traditional Mop Pros – Traditional mops, especially microfiber mops are safe on all types of floors. They are quick, easy to use, lightweight, and much less expensive than steam mops. A traditional microfiber mop can absorb much more moisture for quick cleanups of spills.
- Traditional Mop Cons – Traditional Mops require much physical energy and exertion, and you will need to get your hands wet. Traditional mops likewise require the use of chemicals and cleaning agents that are not safe and are expensive.
Features of a Good Steam Mop
- Surface Type – Steam Mops can only be used on certain floors and deep clean hard surfaces. However, they are usually unsuitable for wood floors, so read the description for compatibility.
- Types – You get lightweight steam mops that are easy to maneuver and have removable, reusable pads through which the steam is ejected. Steam canister Mops are larger and heavies; they hold more water and can clean for as long as two hours without needing a refill.
- Attachments – Steam Mops do come with different parts and attachments. Some may have additional attachments for cleaning other areas of your home.
- Water Capacity – The steam mop will have a water reservoir that will keep water in a tank that needs to be filled. Look for an easy-to-fill tank design that is not too heavy.
- Water Temperature – Your steam mop will have a built-in water heater that should be durable and effective to heat the water to degrees up to a boiling point and hotter to effectively clean and sanitize your home.
- No Chemicals – Steam Mops have a water tank and use only water for cleaning, so do not add any chemicals.
- Drying Time – Steam Mops use steam to clean your floors though you will need to allow time to dry. Steam mops with higher temperatures will dry your floors much faster.
- Hard water – If you live in an area with very hard water, it is advised to use distilled water in your steam mop as h, hard water can cause calcium and chemicals.
Reviews: The Best Dyson Alternative Steam Mops
Now in our review section, we will look at some affordable and easily accessible steam mops that are similar to the Dyson Steam mop;
- The Black and Decker Steam Mop is a Steam glove designed for horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- It has a large capacity tank and is lightweight.
- The steam heats up fast and is continuous.
- It has multiple attachments for more use.
- The Shark genius is the ideal Dyson alternative steam mop.
- It has a Genius head that has more direct steam channeling.
- The Mop has a double-sided dirt grip and washable pads.
- There is a 220-milliliter capacity water tank and three steam control settings.
- The Mop also uses touch-free technology.
- The PurSteam Steam mop is very versatile and a multi-purpose steam mop.
- It can be used on hard floors and carpets and comes with attachments for cleaning furniture, curtains, and clothing.
- It is safe and pet friendly in design and very lightweight.
- The design is easy to use and maneuver.
- The Bissell Symphony is a very close relative steam mop to the Dyson Steam mop.
- It will clean and sanitize your floors and eliminate germs.
- The Mop has easy-touch digital display controls for steam on demand.
- It is powerful with a cyclonic vacuum for cleaning.
- The Shark pocket steam mop is suitable for hard floor surfaces.
- It is powerful and produces steam on demand in very high heat.
- The Mop is very lightweight but corded.
- It is safe and has a soft grip handle for your comfort.
- The Bissell Spinwave is a Cordless spin Mop that is just as effective as the Dyson Steam Mops.
- It is powerful and uses mop pads for cleaning.
- The spin mop is safe to use on hard and sealed hard floors.
- It has again demanded steam spray and comes with mop pads.
Index Table: Top Rated Dyson Alternative Steam Mops
|1||Black and Decker SteamGlove - Steam Mop||Black and Decker||98|
|2||Shark S5003D genius - Dyson Alternative Steam Mop||Shark||97.9|
|3||PurSteam 10 in 1 - Steam Mop||PurSteam||97.5|
|4||Bissell Symphony - Dyson Alternative Steam Mops||Bissell||97.7|
|5||Shark Steam - pocket Steam Mops||Shark||97|
|6||Bissell Spinwave - Cordless Steam Mops||Bissell||96.5|
Table of Contents
- The Steam Mop
- Steam Mop VS Traditional Mop
- Features of a Good Steam Mop
- Reviews: The Best Dyson Alternative Steam Mops
- Index Table: Top Rated Dyson Alternative Steam Mops