Has your bathroom lost its grace and appeals dull to you? If so, it might be the right time to buy new curtains for your shower. They are one of the prime reasons for bringing shine and beauty to the bathroom. However, we always focus on curtains and ignore the one thing that holds the most important value for your curtains, the shower curtain rod.
The importance of a shower rod is no less significant than that of curtains. A shower rod provides the right support for the curtain to stay strong and hold its place right. Shower rods come in a variety of materials and designs. So here, we will take a look at some of the best shower curtain rods for your bathroom.
Types of Shower Curtain Rods
There are several kinds of shower rods that are available in the market. Amongst all the shower rod types, straight and curved shower curtain rods are used the most. Lets us have a look at different types of shower rods.
- Straight Shower Rods – These rods are the most common and are highly efficient in holding curtains. The rods get attached at both ends of the wall and provide excellent support to the curtain.
- Curved Shower Rods – These are designed for bathtubs with a curvy shape. They are available in many distinct designs and are appropriate for big bathrooms.
- Track Shower Rods – These are innovative curtain rod types with no hooks to hang the curtain. They use gliders to attach the curtain and prevent them from falling off.
- Tension Shower Curtain Rods -Tension rods are easy-to-install shower rods that can fit into all kinds of bathrooms. They have a spring suspension that keeps them intact with the wall, as they do not have any hooks attached.
Advantages of Having Shower Curtain Rods
Having shower curtains for your bathroom is much more advantageous than having a separate door for the shower. Some of the reasons are listed down below:
- More Bathroom Space – When you choose a shower rod installed curtain over the shower door, you choose more space for yourself. A rod-attached curtain is not fixed to its place and provides more movability.
- Easier Mounting – Unlike the doors, curtains are easy to fix. Shower curtain rods can be easily mounted on the wall and hardly takes twenty minutes for the whole process.
- Cost Effective – Having curtains fixed with shower rods at your home is much cheaper than installing a door. They have low maintenance and can be easily changed when getting bored with them.
- Better Bathroom Decor – Several stylish designs come in shower curtains and rods. Also, as they are cost-effective, different new styles can be applied when required.
Features to Consider in a Good Shower Curtain Rod
When buying yourself a shower curtain rod, there are a few features that you must keep in mind to buy a perfect product for your shower. Some of the essential features are listed down:
- Material – Shower rods can come in various materials from plastic to aluminium to steel. Plastic rods are the cheapest amongst all but lack durability. Steel and aluminum rods are both strong but are more prone to rust.
- Installation – Shower rods can have different installation processes. Some are compression fit; some need suction cups, while some can be twisted and secure.
- Weight Handling Capacity – This is an important aspect to consider, and the decision should be made to keep the weight of the curtain you want to install. A lightweight rod will not be able to take the weight of a heavy curtain.
- Measurements – The measurements of a shower rods are listed with every product. So you must check the measurements of your bathroom and then select the appropriate rod for you.
Reviews: Best Shower Curtain Rod
Find below the best and strongest shower curtain rods for your bathroom.
Also, we would like to inform you that for every product that you purchase from the given link, we might get some share for it.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- This AmazonBasics curtain rod has an adjustable length and can hang curtains quite effortlessly.
- The maximum weight capacity of curtains that this rod can take is 15 lbs.
- The rod has dimensions of 54 x 90 inches and comes with a one-year warranty.
- It is easy to install and does not require any tools for its setup.
- It is available in multiple colors.
- This BRIOFOX shower curtain rod is built of steel and has great strength ability.
- With new high-tech non-corrosion electroplating, the rod provides complete rust resistance.
- It can take up to 30lbs of load and has an extremely well-tension mechanism.
- It can be installed on all surfaces, from tile to wood to wallpapers.
- The shower curtain rod has an adjustable length, can fit from 43 to 72 inches, and will fit almost all standard shower rooms.
- The rod is attractive and is built with steel with a brushed nickel finish.
- It includes non-marring end caps that keep your walls safe from getting damaged.
- The rod can be installed using twisted technology and does not require drilling.
- This Kenney curtain rod for the shower has exceptional strength and can be used indoors and outdoors.
- It has a diameter of 5/8″ and can adjust in an area up to 28-48″.
- The steel design construction with a black textured finish gives it an amazing appearance.
- The instructions required for the installation are all included in the package with all the needed accessories.
- This rod is rust-resistant and will stay away from corrosion.
- The Rod Desyne spring shower curtain rod is highly efficient in holding shower curtains.
- You can adjust the rod from 18- 28 inches, and the spring tension helps provide an excellent grip on the rod.
- This rod has a plastic end covering on both sides, providing excellent damage protection to your walls.
- The installation process is relatively simple and takes seconds for its fitting.
- Two different color variants are available for choosing your washroom decor style.
- The Moen-built shower curtain rod has an extremely decorative and elegant design.
- It has a standard size that fits in almost all kinds of shower spaces.
- The installation process is simple, and the rod is adjustable from 5′ to 6′.
- It comes with a limited lifetime warranty by Moen and is built to last.
- Besides having a superior mirror-like chrome finish, it has two other color variants, brushed nickel and old bronze.
- Get this sturdy shower curtain rod from TEECK that is 73-inches in length.
- It is made of 304-grade stainless steel for strength and durability.
- The material is anti-slip and rust-resistant, making it safe to use around water.
- You can install the rod without any tools as it has a no-drill installation.
- The rod can adjust from 40 to 73 inches in length per your needs.
- Get this Amazer shower curtain rod that is made of bronze material.
- It can fit from 40 inches to 72 inches of an area.
- The rod is detachable and has a spring-powered installation.
- Moreover, the material is chip-resistant and rust-resistant.
- The Ivilon shower curtain rod has a strong structure with its heavy-duty 1-inch material.
- It has a warm gold finish to look classy in your shower area.
- The rod can hold thick curtains without any fracturing or dropping.
- It has a rustproof material that will stay glossy for a long time.
- The rod can adjust in length from 24 to 36 inches.
Index Table: Top-Rated Shower Curtain Rod
|1||AmazonBasics Tension - Shower Curtain Rod||AmazonBasics||98|
|2||BRIOFOX Matte Nickel - Shower Rod||BRIOFOX||97|
|3||Zenna Home Brushed Nickel - Curtain Rod||Zenna Home||96|
|4||Kenney Powerful - Shower Curtain Rod||Kenney||97|
|5||Rod Desyne Spring - Curtain Rod for Shower||Rod Desyne||96|
|6||Moen Chrome - Shower Curtain Rod||Moen||95|
|7||TEECK 73-Inch - Sturdy Shower Curtain Rod||TEECK||96|
|8||Amazer Bronze - Durable Shower Curtain Rod||Amazer||97|
|9||Ivilon Gold - Shower Curtain Rod||Ivilon||97|
Table of Contents
- Types of Shower Curtain Rods
- Advantages of Having Shower Curtain Rods
- Features to Consider in a Good Shower Curtain Rod
- Reviews: Best Shower Curtain Rod
- AmazonBasics® Tension Shower Curtain Rod
- BRIOFOX® Matte Nickel Shower Rod
- Zenna Home® Brushed Nickel Curtain Rod
- Kenney® Powerful Shower Curtain Rod
- Rod Desyne® Spring Curtain Rod for Shower
- Moen® Chrome Shower Curtain Rod
- TEECK® 73-Inch Sturdy Shower Curtain Rod
- Amazer® Bronze Durable Shower Curtain Rod
- Ivilon® Gold Shower Curtain Rod
- Index Table: Top-Rated Shower Curtain Rod